February 1, 2011

Drained

It is almost 1a.m. and Kate just stopped kicking and wiggling and playing for the first time since 8p.m.  She is such a little mover and I love it! Especially when I am trying to take a nap and my arm is laying across my stomach and I move it and she pushes out until I put my arm back and then she stops moving again {little snuggle bug}. I cannot sleep these days however, I remember not being able to sleep with Joshie and Faith as well; but man alive! I really mean I can't sleep, I am in constant pain, due to the fact that I think I am suffering from this which I just found out about last week, I knew that there had to be something more than "oh ya that's normal for your third child" but I didn't know that there was a specific label. My friend {who is only 10 days ahead of me with her baby girl} has it too and as we were talking about the extreme pain we are always in and how rolling over in bed makes us cry out, she told me this is what she had been "diagnosed" with and that I might have it too. SO tomorrow when I go and visit the doctor I am going to ask her about it. Which I am totally not looking forward to. I hate going and getting "internals" weekly; as if there isn't already enough pressure and other things going on down there I need her to be invasively checking me. I think it's because with Joshie and Faith my last doctor had; a}really long nails ;b}felt the need to "speed things up" by stripping my membranes, I know TMI, but goodness gracious! Talk about pain, why not let the body just do things naturally; c}Josh came to practically all my appointments with Faith and Joshie and he has only come to 2 with Kate, understandable, I'm a big girl, I just hate being there alone this far along I guess.  Okay enough right.  Well on a positive {sort of } note; I am sick! I have a major sinus head congestion thing going on. This is a good thing though because I ALWAYS get sick a couple weeks before I deliver, so it means the end is near, I am happy about that. 


This past weekend, we thoroughly cleaned everything and finally took down our Christmas decorations! The only room in the house that isn't clean right now is the Toy Room, and since that is a never ending battle I am really not going to even let that stress me out. Kate's cradle, changing table {and soon} glider/ottoman is now in our room, I have my pump all clean and sterilized, Kate's clothes all washed and put away, Faith and Joshie's clothes completely organized and put away, just a few more loads of laundry and then I am all caught up {which if you know me is a HUGE accomplishment}, all 3 car seats detailed and ready to go. Now I just need to pack a hospital bag and the kids' overnight bags.  I feel pretty good, I even got new batteries, charger and case for our camera, which has been out of commission since 2009, so we are pretty well set. 


I didn't think that I was going to breast feed with Kate, because I had absolutely horrible experiences with both Faith and Joshie. But my Mom bought me {when I was preggers with Joshua} The Womanly Art of Breast feeding, written by the Le Leche League. It has changed my whole perspective on Breast feeding, I am going to give it another try and not be so discouraged about it. I've learned a lot of new things and I am actually really excited about it now.  With that being said, I am waiting on a couple of tanks and bras to come in the mail so that I can be fully prepared. 


Well, I really should be trying to get some sleep, my nose is itchy, I can't breathe, so my mouth is dry from constantly being open and my body aches and it's pretty much inevitable that when I get into bed, no matter the time, one of the kids wakes up and I need to go in and put on a blanket or find Joshie's binkie or calm Faith down from a bad dream {just explaining, I know it comes with the territory} so with that being said, Goodnight sweethearts!