Have a wonderful Day!
February 4, 2011
18 days
I went to the doctor yesterday and saw the owner of the practice, she is kind of hoity toity; so she was kind of short and vague when I was asking all sorts of questions. As you know I have been in a lot of pain, I try not to let people know how much because life goes on and there isn't much I can do about it, except gain a lot of weight! AHHHH anyways, my friend has this same condition and told me to check into it and talk to the doc about it, which I did yesterday and she confirmed it for me. So I have what you call Diastasis of Symphysis, here is a link explaining everything ,but the shortened version means an abnormally wide gap between the two pubic bones at the symphysis pubis joint situated at the front of the pelvis.The non-pregnant gap is 4-5mm but in every pregnancy there will be an increase of at least 2-3mm due to the fact that ligaments which ‘tie’ the joint become slightly slacker under the influence of the pregnancy hormones. So there isn't anything they can do for it and it will go away {completely heal} after about 5 months postpartum. She said since this is my 3rd and I have gained a good amount of weight {36 lbs which isn't that much but she is the one that gives me the hard time} that my body is just reacting differently this time. I am not really dilated, she said just a fingertip, which I figured cause I was having a lot of cramping all night Wednesday night so I was hoping I was dilated a little. She said that if I want to I can be induced my 39th week which is the 14th, but really I want to wait until Katie~bug is ready not when I'm ready, also Josh is drilling {Marine Corps} the 11-13 and then 15-17 and we are watching our 14 yro niece Alyssa so it would be a hassle to have her that week. Everything else is pretty much set in motion, I only have to pack a hospital bag, and overnight bags for the kids and we can get out the door! I am so excited and have never felt more prepared then I do with Kate :)
Have a wonderful Day!
Have a wonderful Day!
